Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It was time to do a little snipping to my basil plants to get them to leaf out even more. By the time I finished snipping I was excited to see I had enough leaves for a small batch of pesto! MMmmmmm, pesto :) So I picked off all the leaves and tossed those into the blender. Then I threw in a few cloves of garlic and some olives. I then drizzled it with olive oil.
Other great additions, if I had been prepared, would have been grated parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and sundried tomatoes.
Then I pulse the blender. Because this was a small batch I had to keep pushing the stuff back onto the blades. Went you do a larger batch the stuff seems to stir itself a little better. I didn't mind the extra effort, we were gonna have fresh pesto tonight for dinner!!!
Still blending...but almost there!
Perfect!!!
As it settles, the oil will rise to the top and seal in the freshness. The flavors will start to blend together and by dinner time, we will be able to have pesto over pasta, pesto on some toasted bread, pesto in spaghetti sauce, pesto on top of crackers with cream cheese...oh my gosh, I am suddenly very hungry!

1 Comments:

Blogger El Abuelo said...

Hola. Les quería comunicar, que ya salió la mejor página de deportes, en la cual nos hemos unidos los mejores blogs deportivos para hacer una alianza y formar este espectacular blog. Esta es la página:

www.unidosporeldeporte.blogspot.com

Saludos

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home