Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Spring is Coming!!!!

Don't you love it when you get a couple sunny days and all of a sudden there is that glimmer of hope that cold, short days are going to be gone soon?! I sure do!
As you know, we are really focused on the non-chemical way of doing things and that includes not only our household items (you know you all loved the detergent I made you!) but also our foods and our environment!
In an effort to start our garden out on a 'green' foot it was time to get rid of those weeds without those chemicals that cause 'who knows what'
I found this fantastic suggestion as a way to get rid of those pesky weeds and love the environment too! TORCH 'EM!
Yep- this definitely does the trick...faster than a spray bottle full of chemicals I might add! And I think Ken kinda liked doing it this way too...so that's another bonus!

While he did that, I got some of our vegies started!

The squash proved to be super ambitious. It was sprouted and pushing up the lid of the tray in two days! WOW! Some of the tomatoes are racing to keep up :)

Can't wait to be able to get them into the ground!



1 Comments:

Blogger SeattleAmy said...

How awesome is that!! Can I borrow that torch thing...or tell me where you got it? I've got more weeds than one could possible imagine...I literally could spend 40 hours pulling weeds and only get about a third of my gardens done. this is a perfect solution for the rock walkways and my veggie garden!

BTW - The next time someone says, "what can one person do" you should tell them about all the people you know who have made their own soap because of you and that have embraced different habits all because of you...never mind the impact on puppy mills!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home