Thursday, August 20, 2009

Renaissance Fair


Last weekend we headed out to Buckley, WA for the Renaissance Fair. I hadn't been since I was a kid and this was Ken's first time going to one of these things. My little sister, Jacque & Vitaly, her boyfriend, met us there to join in on all the renaissance fun :)
It was pretty cool people watching! Totally Renaissance Fair goers to dress in the garb of the era. We were not. Some of the costumes were totally elaborate all the way to full on linked metal knight armor.

It was a scorcher of a day too! I got a little burnt and I can only imagine how how all those people were that were completely dressed up! WOW!
We had a good time. It definitely wasn't nearly as cool as I remember it. It used to be in a location where all the booths were sort of built into a forest like setting and I remember they had jousting shows regularly for everyone to see. The shows at this event were difficult to see and there was no jousting (at least not during the hours we were there). There really wasn't much of anything that we would actually purchase either. The vendors had products that were very appropriate to the era, but not so much to our current lives.
None the less, it was fun to hang out with my sister, to people watch and to do something different and out of the ordinary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home