Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The BUMPS GONE!!!

Friday and 6:15 in the morning, Ken went in for surgery to get that dang bump on his face removed!!!! He came back to the room pretty loopy- but recovered quickly. The cut is healing nicely and as long as he remembers to take those vitamin E pills and keep the antibiotic cream on it, the scaring will be minimal!!! Yay!!! It doesn't even look that gross now!

Once Ken was home and seemed to be feeling fine, I went out with my bride's maid in search of the perfect dresses. Much to my dismay, not only do they not have any thing in Lime Green (which doesn't suprise me completely since not that many people love lime green) but we could not find one single dress in BABY PINK. This SHOCKS me!!! Isn't pink in just about every single wedding?!

Now I am toying with the idea of changing the colors to pink and brown, my second favorite color combination of all time. After a bit more searching, I have found bride's maid dresses that can be ordered on-line (but then you can't try them on first) in the exact right colors, but that takes 10-14 weeks. The other, more stressful option, wait until spring and see what comes out in the department stores. AAAaaaahhhhh. What to do......

Then Saturday rolled around, Ken seemed to be doing just fine so we headed up to Mukilteo to check out some of the rental stuff for the wedding (the chairs, tables, etc). We left with a few great ideas and feeling pretty good about the stuff coming together ok. I should be ordering that stuff in the next week or so.

After that early morning roadtrip, Ken was off to the sportmen show with Uncle Dan, Shawn, Jay and Joe. I was off to the salon for my first time at getting my hair colored by a person instead of a box. I was excited!! I am still getting used to it, it seems dark to me, but Ken swears that's what he remembers my natural hair color looking like. What do you think?

Then Saturday came to an end and Sunday rolled around and we were off to the hardware store. Ken was going to make me a yarn dying rack so I could take on a few more skeins at a time.

We strolled around the hardware store for at least an hour!!! Ken is like a kid in a candy store when he is at home depot. I am pretty sure we went up and down every isle there and we only needed three things for the yarn rack. :) Well, we got home and Ken whipped out the yarn rack in about 5 minutes!!! WooHoo!! I was dyeing yarn within a half hour of getting home from home depot. Check out what I made.

While I dyed yarn, Ken headed outside....the Kendo update: it is about to have electricity, heat, insullation, and dry wall! Ken has explained the whole thing to me, but from what I understand, we are stuck with the crappy electric that we have in the house now and the Kendo is going to have to share it for a little while until we build onto the house and can get new seperate electricity for the Kendo and our house.

And there you have it, our weekend in a nutshell. Our week ahead is pretty typical, Ken has pool, I have knitting, SURVIVOR STARTS ON THURSDAY!!!!!, and Friday we start the mad dash, we call the weekend, all over again :) I hope everyone has a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home