Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rafting with my Sista*s


After MULTIPLE phone calls from my big sis, urging me to play hookey on Wednesday to go rafting...I took a deep breathe and decided to throw responsibility to the wind (only for the day) and do it!!!


So me and all my sisters headed to Yakima River with my adorable nephews to go float the river for the day!!!!

Hip-man Dallas told us about his job choices...at 15 he has an oppurtunity to work at a fast food place which is a 10 minute walk from his house or at Fred Meyer which is a 20 minute walk from his house. Of course we all encouraged Fred Meyer because of the potential for growth...but at 15 years old, pretty sure the extra 10 minutes of sleep sounds more worthwhile to him. Isn't it amazing that stuff you thought was important at 15 versus in your adulthood?

Then there was cutie pie Ross who knew one verse to one song and sang it over and over and over and over. Sometimes loud, sometimes quiet, but always the same and over and over again.
Along the way , trying to distract him with food, we offered almonds. He KNEW he did NOT like almonds. Then after one, he decided he wanted the whole bag of them all to himself!!!
WooHoooo, we broadend the food horizon for one little guy!

Poor Jacque...what a trooper she was. The weekend before, she was out with us at Camp Kengi and got talked into eating a raw oyster. Well, guess what...turns out the beach was closed due to biotoxins!!!! The poor girl needed to be near a restroom everyday for the entire week. She managed to make it through the 2 hour float...but I am sure it wasn't easy for her!!! You're such a trooper Jacque.

Then there was Karla...no complaining, no singing of the same verse of a song, no upset tummy...just there to enjoy the float. Many people in our family never saw the day coming that her and I would be in the same room together, but it was absolutely fabulous to be able to be with all my sisters. As for Karla and I, what is in the past is now in the past and getting to hang out with her again was like not a day had gone by since we last saw eachother.

It must be a sister bond thing!

And then there's me. I was on safety patrol (of course, I just can't take a day off of responsibility completely!) and litter patrol (NO CIGARETTE BUTTS IN THE RIVER!)

I had a GREAT TIME! The weather was perfect and with my spf 45, I managed to float a river for the first time without a sunburn-that is a good thing!

I can't wait for our big family float in a couple weeks!!!!!





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray! What a fun trip. Great to be hanging out with you again - now I'm not sure how I went that long without you!!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home