Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A voice for the animals


On Thursday, February 12th 2009 I did something great. I joined in for the HSUS Lobby day to be a voice for animals and it was FANTASTIC!


The current bills up for vote that we were there to get support for included, the issue near and dear to my heart, ending puppymills, ending animal abuse by not allowing a charged animal cruelty felon to posses another similar animal, upholding trapping restrictions and finally helping fund spay and nueter programs for those who cannot afford it.


The whole thing sounds far more intimidating that it actually was!!!! The way you 'lobby' is by simply finding out who your Senate and Legislative reps are and go knock on their door. Seriously, you and I can knock on their door.....not only can we, but they want us to!!!!! They want to know what you-their constituents-think. You can do this by knocking on their door, sending them an e-mail or giving them a call. Seriously, YOU can make a difference by speaking your mind. WOW!!!!


So I walked my hiney to my representatives' doors and I let them know that I would like them to support the bill to end puppy mills in Washington!


Even though I donate to so many animal charities I can't even count, I now feel like I have actually done something proactive to help the critters. I also learned that sending an e-mail regularly about the issues that concern me can make a difference.




If you have a cause near and dear to your heart, I urge you to contact your representatives! It's pretty cool to help make a difference!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela, I'm so proud of you! What a fabulous thing you did!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home