Monday, February 06, 2006

Crazy Busy

Well, we survived another one of our crazy busy weekends-barely! Friday, while browsing the internet Ken found a potential rental property for sale in Okanagan...yes, Okanagan, all the way on the other side of washington! So I got home from work and we hit the road. We made it there before midnight and got a hotel in Petaros (where we smuggled Guppy in wrapped in a blanket). Saturday morning, we continued our journey and checked out the little town of Okanagan...it wasn't completely horrible. Actually, it has potential! This is the little house that we are hoping will be our next investment property. We are actually pretty excited because this is something Ken and I are really looking forward to doing (having a few rentals here and there). The house needs some SERIOUS work inside!!!! But we are up for the challenge. The scary thing is, with as disgusting as it is inside...the current own is about to rent it to someone! I am totally shocked that someone would move in the way it is, but in Okanagan I guess there's not much choice! Anyways, keep your fingers crossed for us!!!
Then we headed home and got to see tons of snow coming down on the pass. It was great to see a good snow at least once this year!!! The trip was long, but not horrible. We stopped in Cle Elm for some lunch and coffee. Within about 45 minutes my tummy was rumbling, by the time we got home I was really not feeling well, by time Ken was heading out for Larry the Cable Guy comedy show I was praying to the porcelain gods. Yep, I got to learn what food poisoning feels like....for the next 24 hours! Ken seemed to have had a great time with the boys at Larry the Cable Guy!!!!!
Then Sunday rolled around and I finally dragged myself out of bed and prayed to the porcelain god a little more. Ken was busy making all the munchies for the Superbowl party...He was so darn excited for that game!!! I headed out to meet my girls and try to find the perfect brides maid's dresses. I ended up choosing the one in the middle (straps will be added) and it's gong to be 'sweet pea' pink. It seemed liked the best one to coordinate with the wedding dress. Now the wedding dress and bride's maid's dresses are done!!! Phew!!!
Then I hurried home, got sick again and headed off to Jaime's with Ken for the big game!!! It was a good game. The refs were more than a little hard on the Seahawks (maybe even paid off to be hard on the Seahawks) so that made it frustrating to watch. Had the refs been more fair (I mean seriously, one of their touch downs wasn't even in the goal), it would have been a very close game and more fun to watch. Oh well, it was neat to see Washington come together and be so excited for something.
It was also Ken, Sr. birthday. He got to blow out the candles on a football shaped birthday cake! Woo Hoo.
So that was our weekend...busy busy busy...now back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home