Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bunnies, Bunnies, Bunnies!!!

In the last week our animal kingdom got a little bigger. I adopted 3 (yes 3) angora bunnies. Their names are Penelopie, Piper and Pearin.

Right now they are about the size that Berk was when he was full grown...I imagine they will be almost as big as Guppy when they are full grown. Guppy doesn't seem to be too jealous of the bunnies, he just cuddles up to me while I am sitting on the couch grooming the bunnies. The other dogs could care less about the bunnies...if it's not a ball, they aren't interested.
In the last couple weeks Ken has built the most amazing bunny condo (now called the bundo). Over this last weekend my mom and I shingle the roof (we did a dang good job) while Ken finished the doors and the various levels in the bundo.
So the entire set up consists of a 2'x6' pen inside the house in the kitchen and a hole through our kitchen wall leading to the bundo outside. It has 3 levels, ramps and carpeting. It's quite a kick to hear the bunnies run down the upper level ramp, hop down to the floor, up the step, through the hole, around and through the box in the pen and back out the hole and up the ramp again.
They are so sweet and soft and are going to be the most incredibly spoiled bunnies EVER...but you already knew that! I have included pictures of the bunnies and the bundo...I had to stand in the neighbors yard to get a wide enough shot of the bundo so the fence is in the way, but you can see all the levels and everything.
Come over and meet the bunnies and check out yet another one of Ken's fantastic creations! I am so lucky to have a contractor for a husband :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home