Wednesday, July 12, 2006

FABULOUS WEEKEND!!

Yes, we had such a great weekend....we didn't go anywhere, we got some sleep, and did yard work. It may sound pretty ho-hum to some, but since we rarely get to do it, we enjoy it when it does come our way.
I did the market on Saturday and it was frickin' hot as usual and then headed home when it was over. Saturday evening, Ken and I sat out on the back deck and played cards, chatted and snacked...we didn't even bother to make dinner (unless cheap frozen pizza counts as dinner). We had our first fire in the fire pit in well over a month-that is not like us!!! Then on Sunday, we were up and at 'em!!! We worked on the brick accents along the drive way. Poor Ken burst his finger wide open when he hit it with the pick trying to set the bricks. I finished that job up and planted all the ground cover into the bricks...Ken dug me a new pathway from the front door to my car.

I got all the bricks lining the sides of the path and off to McClendon's we went for some stepping stones.

We came home with a super cool stencil to make cobblestones! Cobble stones were what I had really wanted so I was super excited.

It turned out great...I don't have a final picture yet, but I will be planting ground cover between the stones soon too!

Basically, we worked our booties off all day Sunday with great results!!!! And at the end of all that I crashed...right there on the couch!!!


Amazingly, an hour later, Ken and I pulled ourselves together and woke ourselves up and headed over to have a little BBQ with my mom, sister, and nephews. We took the blaser and enjoyed the gorgeous evening with the top down.

And that was our super fabulous weekend!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home