Monday, February 13, 2006

It's starting to look like a yard

Saturday morning Ken and I headed off to McLendon's to check out some plants. I was determined to make some progress on the front yard so that it wasn't just dirt!!! With the bulbs I had planted a few day prior and the packets of seeds I had picked up, I was excited to get started. I know the picture is terrible, but what you see on the left is a cobblestone eding I put along the driveway with some ground cover planted in between the stones. I also put in those flowers that Ken got me (I don't know what they are) and Ken transplanted that big ole tree from the back yard. I also planted a Cherry bloosom tree in the planter box and a pink shrubby flower bushy in the front brick area. I will get a better picture of it all soon.

In the meantime, with every free moment he's got, Ken has been busily working away at getting the Kendo insulated and drywalled. In just a few days he has made great progress.

When he wasn't working on the Kendo, Ken helped get his Uncle Dan set up with internet so he could play poker on-line. Now the two of them play poker in the same tournaments as much as possible. Both Uncle Dan and Ken are completely hooked!!!!!

After a long Saturday of working on our projects we invited a few people over to hang out by the fire pit...I am not sure how exactly it came up, but Shawn got his ear pierced by Jaime with a fish hook.

My little sister came by, too so she got the oppurtunity to see some of the crazy stuff this Kreutzer family does!!! It will be the last time I get to see my sis for a while because she is moving to UTAH this week. I wish her the very best of luck on her adventure!!!!!!

This week I will hopefully be getting a great start on the wedding invitations. Those have to go out soon and I am drawing a complete blank for ideas for them. I am also planting a few seedlings in a little starter box for transplanting for later. I don't have much of a green thumb so keep your fingers crossed for me :) Ken has a busy week of work ahead of him now that the nicer weather is rolling in, then he is off for a fishing derby this weekend. Hopefully the weather will hold out for them!!! Happy Valentine's Day to everyone and have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home